Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Repurposed Tape Measure Projects

Repurposed Tape Measure Projects/repurposed and upcycled/ by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com
As usual, I found myself working on theme items
this week for my shop.  I don't usually try think 
of themes to work on...they just happen.
A customer asked me to create 3 measuring tape
bracelets for her and I only had one made up,
so I got busy making some more.
Antique Tape Measure Bracelet with Vintage Buttons - Upcycled Measuring Tape
Then someone else ordered another one,
and someone else ordered another one.
I knew my week was going to be filled with numbers.
Antique Tape Measure Bracelet with Vintage Buttons - Upcycled Measuring Tape
I decided to create some matching earrings as well.
Repurposed Tape Measure Earrings/a repurposed and upcycled project/by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com

Repurposed Tape Measure and Button Bracelets/a repurposed and upcycled project/by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com
Since I had all the supplies out,
I decided to create some other bracelets
from another antique measuring tape I had just brought home.
Repurposed Tape Measure and Button Bracelets/a repurposed and upcycled project by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com
Each one is a little different, with different buttons on them.
Repurposed Tape Measure and Button Bracelets/a repurposed and upcycled project by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com
All of the bracelets are available HERE.

I started working on another coat rack
and painted it with chalkboard paint, but it seemed
a little too plain, so I added some of the tape measure
to the top of it.  I fell in love with the old schoolhouse
look it now has.  I think it would be great
to write the family member's names above the hooks,
and leave little messages as well.
Repurposed Bed Side Rail Chalkboard Coat Rack/a salvaged and upcycled project/by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com
 I distressed along the edges and sanded
the coat hooks, so it all looks really aged.
Repurposed Bed Side Rail Chalkboard Coat Rack/a salvaged and upcycled project/by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com
 This baby is really long - over 67 inches,
so it will work well for an entryway.
Repurposed Bed Side Rail Chalkboard Coat Rack/a salvaged and upcycled project/by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com
Since I was on a roll, I decided to make
some "old school" looking wooden hangers as well.
Repurposed Tape Measure Projects/repurposed and upcycled/ by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com
Old book prints and maps look wonderful displayed on them.
Repurposed Tape Measure Projects/repurposed and upcycled/ by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com
In addition to creating things with cloth measuring tapes,
I also listed 2 wooden folding rulers in the shop as well.
Repurposed Tape Measure Projects/repurposed and upcycled/ by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com

Repurposed Tape Measure Projects/repurposed and upcycled/ by KnickofTimeInteriors.blogspot.com
I hope your week is measuring up too!
Angie
see the other bed side rail coat rack here.



13 comments:

  1. The bracelets are adorable, Angie, and I love the coat rack.♥ The tape measure adds just the perfect touch! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute cute...great ideas! LOVE the bracelets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last Christmas I made my BFF a bracelet out of part of the folding kind of measure and wrote something mushy about how she measures up as a friend. Those things are not as easy to bend nicely as they look, I wish I would of thought of a vintage fabric one, that would of been much easier.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute ideas, I like the star.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bracelets and earrings are just too cute!! What a unique idea!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you really are on a roll Angie! So many wonderful creations! I walked past some old beds stacked up at the thrift store today and thought of you :D

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those adorable bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful and unique- love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. all soooo cute! great ideas, and I got another one from yours. =)

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just tucked one of my vintage measuring tapes into a sewing vignette, but you have given these tapes a creative twist I'd never have thought of!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the earrings are so cute and would be perfect for someone who sews! (NOT me) hahahah

    great stuff angie!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...