Thursday, November 29, 2012

Point & Shoot

Today I'm going to talk to you about
Point and Shoot.
Specifically, about pointing and shooting
a can of spray paint at your old
point and shoot camera,
to turn it into a photo display stand.

I have a few cameras in my junk drawers
that have been retired from service.
I don't like donating them to thrift stores,
because unless they are collectible cameras,
no one else wants an old camera that
may or may not work, so thrift
stores can hardly give them away.
Chances are good, you have some retired cameras
in your junk drawers too, so you may like this project.
I came across this photo on Pinterest,
which, sadly I couldn't trace back to the original source,
and it inspired me to do something
with those junk cameras sitting in my drawers.

I started with this old Pentax camera.
I screwed a spring clip into the back.
Then I spray painted the whole thing with
several coats of white paint and added a coat
of spray sealer to protect the look.
 I loved how it turned out, so I
also did this cute little old Kodak camera also.
 I love finding a way to reuse something that would
have been total junk otherwise,
and I think these make a wonderful photo display as well.
Both are available at in my shop.
Go point and shoot your can of spray paint
at your old point and shoot!
Blessings,


14 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! So pretty with the vintage cards! I'm going to the thrift store to find some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really fun! I do have a broken camera :)--don't we all?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A PICTURE PERFECT IDEA for the photographer in the family!
    I may do this for my daughter... she loves taking pictures and displaying them in neat ways. This one will definitely make her say 'cheese'!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a box of electronics that are old, not vintage, and I'll be trying this. Great idea to repurpose. We plan to have a display of Old cameras in our media room when it's finished, but didn't plan to use these. Now, they might make little pops of color in the collection. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Angie, you are so creative. I remember seeing a huge box of old cameras at a garage sale in Canton, MO a little over a year ago which no one seemed to want. Wish I had it now. Nancy Carr

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I have quite a few old cameras laying around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so so cute!! What a wonderful transformation! A real green craft, too! Love it!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute idea. thanks for sharing.
    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I say frickin' brilliant on here? Geez, I hope so cuz that my reaction, lol.

    Just sold 4 of my old cameras but luckily I saved a couple.

    Gonna do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! I love it! Now I can just see the crazy look I' ll get from my husband if I do this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a vintage camera collector, I could never hurt that little Kodak (or some of the other cameras that you have pictured in that last shot), but the Pentax or something similar, I could. lol

    Neat idea.

    Do you remember the model of that little Kodak? I've never seen anything like it and would love to find one for my collection. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!