Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Knick of Time Tuesday #40 {Vintage Style Link Party}

Hey there, vintage-lovers!  So glad you stopped
in to get your weekly dose of vintage inspiration.
I really enjoyed hearing so many responses last week
to my, "Where's Your Wedding Dress?" question.
I don't feel so badly about my wedding dress,
hearing at least a few of you aren't one of "those" people either!
As I shared a few week's ago, I've been using pieces off
a super chippy, antique door from our old Missouri house to 
create new pieces.  This is my favorite pieces I made.
A customer who purchased several other pieces from the door
is buying this one as well.  I wish I had more chippy doors to work
with, because I've gotten several requests for more like this one.
 RESERVED for Kimber - Antique Cottage Coat Rack - Wall Hooks - Salvaged Wood Door - 3 Antique Metal Hooks - LARGE 39-1/2 x 10-5/8
When I say this door was "chippy"...I'm not exaggerating!
RESERVED for Kimber - Antique Cottage Coat Rack - Wall Hooks - Salvaged Wood Door - 3 Antique Metal Hooks - LARGE 39-1/2 x 10-5/8
Here's a few other pieces I made from the door:
I used old coat hooks on all these and added doorknob escutcheons to a few of them.
Antique Door Salvage Wall Hook with Doorknob Keyhole Faceplate RESERVED for Kimber - Antique Cottage Coat Rack - Wall Hooks - Salvaged Wood Door - 3 Antique Metal Hooks - LARGE 39-1/2 x 10-5/8  Antique Door Salvage Wall Hook with Doorknob Faceplate
Speaking of chippy, old wood - isn't this old window a beauty!
It sold in a snap as soon as I listed it.  I had to force myself to list it,
but I already have several antique windows and didn't have a place for another one.
Antique Farmhouse Window with Latch - 4 Pane - Chippy White Beauty
Now, let's take a look at some of the vintage beauties you all shared last week!

Lauren @ West Furniture Revival scored this absolutely amazing
card catalog at a thrift store.  She worked her magic on it to revive
it's appearance and it is a real sight to behold now.  
She's even made the No. graphics into a printable for the rest of us to use!

Christy @ The Pickin' Pair also got a vintage card
catalog that her parents found for her at a great price.
I must admit - I'm envious!!!

Brittany @ Buttons, Birds & BS shared a zip code pillow!
Great idea!!!  This would look great on many kinds
of fabrics and all kinds of font styles.

Heidi @ Lightly Crunchy turned this lovely vintage tea cup and
saucer into a lavender beeswax candle.
Isn't it beautiful?!! I'm sure it smells amazing too.
These would make wonderful gifts and she provides the instructions to make them.


I brought home a few great treasures this week that are available at
Knick of Time on Etsy.
My favorite is this really big, really old, wooden farrier's tote.
I seriously love this, so if it doesn't sell, I won't be the least bit disappointed!
If it hasn't sold by the time our kitchen remodel is done,
it's coming, "off the market", because I think I could put it to good use in my kitchen.
Antique Wooden Tote - Tool Trug - Extra Large - Double Tote - Wedding Centerpiece Display
I also brought home this strawberry tote & an old "Wonder Horse" toy.
I think this would be so adorable in a western style child's room.
Vintage Wooden Strawberry Tote with Berry Baskets - Strawberry Tote Basket  Vintage Toy Horse - Wonderful Western Decor - Saddle Up\
Feel free to grab this button if I featured you today!
Knick of Time Interiors
 You'll also be pinned on the
Please, do the following before linking up:
1.  Follow Knick of Time
2. Please only link up your vintage-style treasures.
No food, giveaways, link parties or sales links or posts that aren't vintage-style.
Those links will be deleted.
3. Post a link back within your post,  so others can join the party.
Only those who link back will be featured.
Prepare to be Inspired!
Angie
Okay...Let's see your Vintage Style!

14 comments:

  1. Interesting post, I have been told about your site by one of my friend, I have the read the above information, it is very informative and useful, as I was searching for the similar kind of information.Thanks for the wonderful post.

    Regards,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feature! Love your blog and I always enjoy reading through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the chippy stuff! The more the better... :D
    Thanks for hosting. Nice features too.
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything you did with that chippy old door!

    And I will be scouring thrift shops for a card catalog to call my own (hopefully)!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all your chippy door creations!! Thanks for hosting :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your door pieces are wonderful, Angie. Just linked up, did you make it by for Monday Marketplace? love having you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always look at the chippy shabby items when out shopping sales , flea markets and yard sales , esate sale , I have 3 chippy cabinets in my kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angie, I love what you did with all of the door pieces. Chippy envy for sure! Love everything you brought home and yes, those cabinets have me wanting one SO badly. Thanks for the party.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie,
    I LOVE every single one of your creations you made from that chippy door! Chippy paint is one of my weaknesses when it comes to decorating an vintage finds!Great features too.Thanks for hosting.
    ((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those chippy doors and hardware Angie. An old card catalog has been on my "must have" list for years. It's just finding one at the right price now. Thanks for hosting:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE FEATURE OF MY CARD CATALOG! I LOVE THE CHIPPY REDO'S YOU MADE FROM THE OLD DOOR.
    I LOVE STUFF LIKE THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Angie for hosting and sharing you latest creations. Love the chippy paint and what you have done with them. Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Angie
    Do you cover the chippy door hook pieces with clear coat or anything?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!