Saturday, May 26, 2012

Worth the Effort

Do you ever wonder if all the time and effort you  
put into something is worth it?  I've asked myself that
on more than a few occasions.  

I spend a good deal of time each week scanning
antique graphics to share with you all.
Some of them have damage to their pages,
so I spend quite a bit more time editing them to restore them
to the appearance they would have had originally.
My hope is that someone else will enjoy them
and find them usable for some kind of project.

But, I really never know if I'm investing all 
that time and it's really just a waste of time.
But days like today make the effort worth it.

posted on her blog about a project she created using
one of the silhouette graphics I posted a few weeks ago
from a 1935 children's songbook, as well as an image
from The Graphics Fairy.

She turned a magazine rack that had pretty curves,
but a drab appearance, into a beautifully revived home furnishing.
This is the original image I posted HERE.
And here's how Sumaya used that image.
It's such a blessing to me to see it used in such a beautiful way.
Thank you, Sumaya.  I'm so glad to know it was worth the effort.
She posted several more projects she's been
working on, so be sure to drop in to say "hello" and see them.

Blessings,
Angie

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love everything she does and how great to see one of your 'gifts' to us all being used in such a lovely way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! You have to remember that for every one person who e-mails you, there are probably 30 who don't! Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to know you are appreciated! The project turned out beautifully! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,
    Love that project.I am going to hop on over and check out her blog.
    ((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for bragging on me Angie:o) I am so blessed to have so many wonderful, caring and loving friends !

    Love you all to bits!
    Sumaya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the graphics you've taken the time and care to scan, Angie. Thank you for making them available to us!

    Erin
    Carolina Country Living

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!