Tuesday, May 8, 2012

To Market, To Market (and 2 Winners)

To market, to market, to buy a fat pig;
Home again, home again, jiggety-gig.
To market, to market, to buy a fat hog;
Home again, home again, jiggety-jog.
To market, to market, to buy a plum cake;
Home again, home again, market is late.
To market, to market, to buy a plum bun;
Home again, home again, market is done.
Forget paper and forget plastic. 
You can even forget the eco-friendly reusable totes
for carrying groceries.

I could find excuses to go grocery shopping
(which I hate)
carrying this old market basket!
I got it tonight at the auction and I can't
wait for our kitchen remodel to be finished
so I'll have a pretty place to store my dish towels.
It gives me a good excuse to buy new dish towels.

I might just sleep with it tonight.
Wanna know who won the
beautiful French Script Butterfly Collection
generously provided by Jamie of
French Shabby Chic Black and White Paper Butterfly Collection Home Decor Cottage Chic
Well, it was number...

Well...ignore the "1" - the winner is "59".
I decided that whatever number I received
when I got to the auction would be the winning number.
(but you can't get a number less than 100 that isn't already reserved,
so I knew I'd have to ignore the disregard the "1")
I like to find fun ways to find the winners!
# 59 was...
Sally (Aunt Sally Puckett)

If you weren't the winner, don't despair.
You can get a 10% discount
on anything at On a Lark with the code KNICKOFTIME10
Shop HERE!

Did you notice that I haven't announced the winner
of the gorgeous necklace from
Well, I'll give you a hint who the winner is...
I can personally deliver it to her, without going
on a plane, train or boat.

I used Random.org to select the winner
and was overjoyed that the winner lives in my town!
She'll either see this post and figure it out,
OR she'll be very surprised when I show up with her prize!
I'll take some photos and show you
who the winner is as soon as her prize arrives!

If you weren't the winner, you can still
enjoy a 30% discount on
anything at Ambivalent Relics with the code
theknickoftimeblog
Shop HERE!


16 comments:

  1. lovely basket. Will look great with vintage tea towels. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand over the purple iris and no one will get hurt.... Pretty post. Love the iris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our first spring in this home, so it's been such a pleasant surprise to see all the colors of irises coming in! So far we've had light purple, dark purple, light pink, white, and purple/yellow. I'd happily share some with you!

      Delete
  3. I hope that I am the only one that lives in your town and I hope that I won the necklace! Am I right, Am I right? Fingers crossed,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - you are right!!! Persistence pays off - you finally won one one of my giveaways!!!
      I'll let you know when it arrives and we could meet up at Sullivan's or something!

      Blessings,
      Angie

      Delete
    2. I've got one too many "ones" there!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful basket! I'm envious ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH those lucky gals!! Congratulations -- how fun to win such beautiful things and that basket . . . well, I'd be tempted to sleep with it too! Your pictures are just beautiful and made me smile, as did the memories of that wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wire basket - they are a personal obsession of mine. Followed over from Common Ground.

    Distressed Donna down Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet wire basket. Your photos are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. IT'S ADORABLE! Now, you just need a classic bike and a vintage ribbon in your hair...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be excited about that basket too! It will be delightful filled with fun dish towels! Hope your kitchen remodel goes quickly:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Great header! Wonderful basket. Picked up an egg basket pretty similar to it this weekend myself!
    Now on to peruse more of your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love that basket! I'd bring it everywhere too!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought one of those baskets at an auction also!! Mine is blue and cost $1.00.
    I use mine to hold mail and doo dads that the grandbabies leave behind when they go home.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...