Thursday, May 24, 2012

Get the Look - Relique Pendant Light

Today's "Get the Look" project was an easy
one simply because we already created it before
I saw a similar something similar from Relique.com.
Okay, when I say "we", I mean that I told my
husband what I want and he did it.
Here's a retail version of my light.
This one sells for $169 at Relique.com.
I'm SO glad my husband is good at DIY,
so I can get a Relique look on a Walmart budget.
recycled lighting, recycled light. recycled pendant light, pendant light, pendant canopy, recycled mesh lighting, steampunk, steampunk light, steam punk light, steam punk, funnel light, funnel pendant light
I've  been purchasing several old funnels & milk can strainer lids
at auctions for about the last 6 months, knowing
I wanted to turn one into a light for our kitchen,
so I brought them all to my husband to see
what he could do with them.   I actually have this funnel,
which is similar to the one Relique sells, but I preferred
the milk can strainer for my kitchen.  If anyone feels inspired to
create a light, I have this funnel listed HERE for sale.
We haven't hung it yet, because
he's working on another part of the kitchen
that is the hardest part of the room remodel, but
this is the light we'll hang over our table.
He used parts from an old light fixture that once held
a glass shade, attached a new cord, then wrapped the cord in twine.
Because the fixture originally had a glass shade that
covered the light bulbs, he moved the metal screen
from inside the strainer and attached it to the bottom...
so that piece of metal wouldn't stick out.  There are sockets for 2 bulbs.
I also asked him to make another one for
my entryway that I remodeled vintage style,
so this one will go there, but I need
to patch and repaint the ceiling before I hang it.
This one won't be a pendant light,
it will mount flush with the ceiling, because
the ceiling isn't high enough for it to hang.
Have you been inspired by any retailers
to "get the look" they have recently?


Blessings,
Angie
Shop Knick of Time - 10% Discount Code 10SPECIAL


22 comments:

  1. That's an amazing copy,I couldn't tell them apart. Clever hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just fantastic Angie......I bet he could sell them...hint, hint....
    Blessings, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your version of that light! Great repurpose of old "junk".

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I love it =)

    Visiting from The 36th Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool

    i even think
    yours looks better
    with some age and patina

    thanks for sharing
    at Fridays Unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks just as good as 'A CATALOG' version!
    You and your hubby make a great pair when it comes to team work and 'putting light on the subject'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie, these are the BEST!!! I love them. Maybe some day I will have a big old farmhouse. Wouldn't one of your lights look awesome there! Have a great long weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic...I love that. Look awesome in my country kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Very rustic and special. I am digging the plank wall in the background of that last picture as well. Visiting from My Repurposed life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the light. Lucky to have such a DIY husband. I have a Pinterest Board for my DH! Now if he could only find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I made a similar light from an old funnel to hang in my kitchen window and I just think it's so funky cool. My friends walk in and say "only you would do that"....so now I can point them to your blog and say " No I'm not!" haha! My next lighting project will be a BIG chandelier made from an old roof vent that came off of a chicken house...yea, alot of cleaning involved in this one. :) Btw, I found your blog through Common Ground and I'm now following. Thanx for sharing!

    xoxo
    jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. great lights Angie! Anxious to see them in their new homes. :)
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning! I just found you through FJI and am your newest follower. I have a light almost exactly like that made from the old milk strainer my mother-in-law used when they milked their own cows. I painted mine, but yours makes me wish I had left it alone. Mine has been hanging for several years now, so maybe Relique got the idea from me. Oh wait....I copied the idea from a friend, so maybe not! Here is a link to a pic of mine if you are interested....http://avintagefarmwife.blogspot.com/2012/02/back-to-reality-suitcases-are-unpacked.html

    Have a great weekend. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Catching up on all your posts....... LOVE this light, so I gotta pin it.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative!!! Found you on the cowboy link up!

    Www.angela-thesimplethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving the things that others are doing to repurpose stuff into lights! I would not have thought of the top of a milk for one. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! I'm a sucker for all things repurposed, such as this. Found you featured over at The 36th Avenue.

    I have my own party going on today if you would like to link up.

    Have a wonderful day!

    {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What a great find and what a great job your husband did!! Love it!
    I'm a new follower:)
    Barbara
    http://chase-thestar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!