Friday, May 25, 2012

Chipping Away

There's nothing quite like wood that has aged naturally,
and if it's old wood with chipping paint, so much the better.
There are about a million and one things to do with old wood,
so here's some of my contributions to that number.
You may not recognize the wood from this
Cottage Coat Rack I made, but if you've been around
my blog long or are familiar with my Etsy shop,
then you've seen it tons of times.
For nearly 2 years, I've used this old door as a backdrop
for most of my shop listings, but often it just
wasn't quite wide enough to photograph larger items.
I decided to paint the wall inside my office
to use as a backdrop instead, since its rustic appearance looks great in photos.
You can see my new backdrop wall behind the coat hook.
I started dismantling the door, piece by piece
to turn into new projects.  It's a super old door
and it's super chippy, so it'll be fun to come
up with other new things to do make it.

A few weeks ago, I brought home 4 of these wood pieces.
They also have very chippy paint and are
a quick makeover with a new knob or hook.
This one was purchased by a gal in France!
One of these days I plan to get a large world map,
and mark all the locations that I've shipped things to.
If only I could travel the world like my shop items do.
Here's the other one, which I added an old locker hook to.
Are you chipping away at any new projects?



11 comments:

  1. I love the one with the little crystal knob. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made chipped wood look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your chippy wood...very charming ;) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of old weathered wood and DH made me a wonderful cubby hole shelf for our mugs. Our next big project will be an entrance wall with hooks and a bench.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, i never see chippy wood anywhere really. Sad. Those coat hooks are cool. Do you know what they came off of originally?

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all such gorgeous, unique pieces! I love the chipiness of everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The more chippy the better :)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love all your things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love the chippy old wood!Love your blog and Im a follower! Stop over sometime and follow a friend:)Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE this! Great project! I'd love for you to link up to my first ever linky party, Ta-Da Tuesday :) check it out HERE ! <3 from your newest follower, I'd be delighted if you'd follow back!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!