Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's in the Bag

If I went to every yard sale, thrift store and auction 
the rest of week and all of them were duds,
I'd still be content because I came home with this
from the auction tonight.
I love the handles and the buckle on it.
 The funny thing is, I didn't even win this at the auction.
I won 5 boxes full of JUNK (and it truly was junk),
and I only wanted a few things out of 1 of the boxes.
A few people were asking me if they
could buy stuff out of my boxes,
so I was busy talking and missed the bid on
the antique doctor's bag.  I was so mad at myself
that I missed the coolest thing there, because I was selling nickle and dime 
stuff to other people.  I decided to ask the guy 
who won it if he'd be willing to sell it to me and couldn't believe he agreed to.
It's getting listed in my shop, but if it 
doesn't sell, it won't bother me at all.
I have absolutely no idea where I'd put it,
but eventually I'd come up with some place!

I also got this sweet little pair of scissors.
I didn't bid on them either.
They were inside a tool box full of tools
and I didn't like the tool box and all the tools were new
(I prefer old, rusty tools), so I didn't bid on it.
I asked that man who won if he'd part with the scissors
and he agreed also - It was my lucky night!
I actually bought more from other people than
I bought from the auction house.

How have the pickins' been for you lately?
Blessings,
Angie

You Can Find Me at These Parties:

9 comments:

  1. Just looking at the bag makes me wonder where it's traveled and what contents were inside. Lovely bag. I have a pair of scissors just like yours I like the lines and the shape of these scissors. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those appear to be Traditional Chinese scissors, still being made today, you can see them here:
    Lee Valley Scissors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you only need to find one 'gem' to make it worth your while. My husband purchased a 'doctor's bag' over 40 years ago. Since that time it has stored bandaids and other varieties of ointments. The kids are grown now, but still defer to the 'doctor's bag' is someone gets a scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Angie! That old doctor's bag is fabulous! And those scissors are really fun! Congrats on finding both. We went to a flea market over the weekend. My pickins weren't as good as yours, but I still got a couple of treasures :) Hope you're having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it

    i bought a brown leather doctor's bag
    at a flea market a couple of years ago
    for $10

    and inside
    i found a letter from a patient
    thanking the doctor for the stomach tonic
    he had given her

    it's dated December, 1890!

    i'm glad you got the bag you wanted
    and that you shared your finds
    at Fridays Unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you...guess it pays to ask :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet. We could learn a lesson from you about not giving up. Good work!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dr. bag. I run across these every so often at our local auction but the price is usually more than I really want to spend. Maybe, one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing how things work out isn't it? Great find.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!