Saturday, May 12, 2012

Buttons & Burlap Tool Tote

Warm weather means outdoor painting and
I stockpiled wooden things all winter, so I'm glad
to get back to walking around in paint-splattered shirts again.
This little wooden tote was in that stash, and while useful,
it wasn't all that attractive to look at.
A little white paint, a little distressing , 
a few vintage buttons & some burlap - now it's useful, and nice for displays as well .
I've got many more small things to be painted,
and hope to start finishing some of them soon.

Blessings,
Angie
You Can Find Me at These Parties:

10 comments:

  1. How cute! I LOVE the way you accessorized it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful now to find me one like that and decorate it your just amazing you take the simplest things and make it beuatiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The burlap and buttons add a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,
    Love this painted tote with those sweet vintage photos and spools of thread.It is all so pretty.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, cute!!! LOVE a tote or carrier! Have a Happy Mother's Day, Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute!! Love the additions of the buttons -- gives it real charm and character! I'm still painting in the basement -- cold and rainy here again but my hands are splattered with paint (didn't realize how much until I wrote out a check at the store this afternoon! Embarrassing!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your newly painted tote with all its button jewelry! You're so right, painting outdoors is so much more enjoyable than painting in a dark old basement. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!