Thursday, April 12, 2012

Get the Look - Antique Farmhouse Chalkboard

Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Ballard Designs, Antique Farmhouse,...

So much to love...so little budget.

I sure hate to let all that inspiration go to waste, so after my first attempt at creating a knock-off project
{my Restoration Hardware "metal" stencil knock-off},
I decided to try my hand at a few other knock-off projects.

None of these projects will require a lot of time or advanced skills, because few of us have either!

Today's knock-off was inspired by a Round Wall Chalkboard & Magnet Board sold by Antique Farmhouse for $28.
Round Wall Chalkboard & Magnet Board-DIY-http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com/
I snatch up old baking pans whenever I find them inexpensively, so I already had mine on hand.
I thought the shape looked pretty close to the "model" piece, and would give me a similar look.
Round Wall Chalkboard & Magnet Board-DIY-http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com/
I gave it 2 coats of chalkboard paint, using a blow dryer to speed up the drying time, and 10 minutes later had it finished. I prefer using a paintbrush, rather than spray paint to create chalkboards, because the brushstrokes give the chalkboard a textured look that I think makes them look older.
Round Wall Chalkboard & Magnet Board-DIY-http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com/
Umm...HELLO!
I love it and I didn't pay $28 for mine.
Round Wall Chalkboard & Magnet Board-DIY-http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com/Antique Farmhouse-Round Wall Chalkboard-& Magnet Board-DIY-http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com/

Because mine is a pie pan and not a shaped piece of metal like the one sold by Antique Farmhouse, it's slightly smaller, but I think the look is pretty close

Next Thursday I'll share another knock-off that I hope you'll enjoy!

Blessings,
Angie
Shop Knick of Time - 10% Discount Code 10SPECIAL


10 comments:

  1. This project is simply delightful . . . like everything else you do. I have the chalkboard paint, so I'll be looking for a pan while shopping garage sales this spring. Come on over and visit my blog, I would love to have you follow me, too. Your devoted fan and follower, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Angie! I like to use a brush as well, and rough it up a bit. It has so much more character that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did! I saw that chalkboard being offered by Antique Farmhouse but wasn't going to pay $28 for it. Its nice to know I can make it myself!! I'm so glad I found your blog and I added you to my favs on Etsy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,
    Great easy simple project.And I love the results.Yours is better IMO than the other.Yours is more authentic.Not knocking that store.I actually love it.But when you are on a budget you have to make do.Thanks for sharing.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Beautiful job! I Love yours better. Love the look of your pie pan.
    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this too and plan on making my own as well! Your pan has a lot of character in it's design, so it's a good choice that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woohooo! fabulous Angie!! Love your baking pan.

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to do this sometime. Thanks for linking to Cowgirl Up.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!