Monday, March 26, 2012

Good Pickin's

I would loved to have filled my van on our trip to Springfield, MO,
but 4 people & their luggage meant I had to somewhat limit myself.
I tried to mainly purchase for my shop, but I did pick up a few things for myself.

This old tape measure is my favorite find of the week.  
I don't know what I'll do with it yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.
 I also got this old barn pulley that we'll probably use in our kitchen.
These lovely old coffee jars will also go in my kitchen.
These old, wooden dominoes are unusually thick.
They are available HERE.
This terrific, shabby bird cage is available HERE.
These trivets are adorable.  I think they'd be perfect
as small dry erase boards.  
They are also available HERE.
I'm not sure what this originally was, but I plan to paint it and turn it into an earring holder.
I love old brushes.  I think they make great stands for old photos.
This rusty, old bicycle seat has been around the block and back a few times.
I was tempted to keep it, but don't really know where
I'd go with it, so it's listed HERE.
I love this old drill and worn wooden spoon.
I plan to keep them both.
I was on the lookout for vintage wire baskets and found 2 of them.
The funny thing is, when we got home, my husband starting cleaning
out the garage and discovered I have one just like this that I'd 
forgotten about.  I bought it right before we moved and it got
boxed up before I could start using it.
Since returning home, I've been cleaning & organizing my office & workshop,
which had become a disaster over the winter.  Now that basketball season is over for us, I'm looking forward to staying home more often and hopefully accomplishing a lot.

Don't forget to come back later this evening for Knick of Time Tuesday!

And a reminder that today is the last day to enter the giveaway
for this lovely Bird's Nest Necklace and Earrings Set
by Mindie of TLC Creations (and Bacon Time blog).
Go HERE to enter.
 
Blessings,
Angie
You Can Find Me at These Parties:

14 comments:

  1. Wow ! Some terrific treasures,can't blame you for keeping a few.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finds!!!! I Love the pulley and the old brushes!
    Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting the vintage picture on the old brush = ingenious!!! Love that idea, and I plan on looking for an old brush now!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those finds! I have a pulley like that in my Etsy shop.

    I'll be doing my feature for the blog hop party & picking a winner tomorrow~it's been crazy busy here:)

    Thanks for having me co-host with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your vintage finds. What a great idea to use the old brush as a picture holder! I may have to copy that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...lots of great finds, Angie! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fun finds there...especially that rusty seat :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Angie, love all of your finds! Hubby is an Engineer and has a rape measure like that. I don't think it's as time worn and I doubt I can talk him into parting with it. I LOVE that birdcage! I am seriously thinking about buying it. The price is not bad at all. I already have three, but's what's one more right? Thanks for linking up! Hope you will share again tomorrow!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just read my comment, lol! Hubby does not have a rape (thank goodness) he has a tape measure. I need to slow down when typing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh so fun. great finds!
    Love the birdcage, but my very fave is the old tape measure. it is awesome!!!

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always find super cool stuff Angie! Thanks for hosting the party! Linked up...
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul, Angie! Love your new look, too. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...