Saturday, March 31, 2012

Another Time

Don't you just love looking at the inside of a watch or clock?
The gears and intricacy of it are fascinating.
One of my sweet customers, Lora saw my post about
this necklace I made for myself out of a watch movement and
asked if I'd create one for her.
I added a little organza ribbon to her chain to
give it a more feminine look.  I've got a whole jar full
of various watch faces and parts, and I love them so
much that it makes me indecisive about
what to do with them.  It was nice
to have something specific to use one for.
Blessings,
Angie

You Can Find Me at These Parties:

10 comments:

  1. I would have never thought of doing that with a watch mechanism! That is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Angie, you gave me an idea.... I have all my dads old watches that I don't know what to do with. Maybe I should take them apart and wear them.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's gorgeous!! love the organza ribbon !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Who would have thought? Thanks for the inspiration and Happy Easter, Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!
    I've always been fascinated by watch movement!
    Great idea
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This necklace is so amazing and gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and it is displayed so nicely with your vintage print behind it. I saw similar new clock charms at Michaels on the weekend so this is very of-the-moment, too!

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! One time I was at a craft show, and one of the vendors had 2 or 3 necklaces similar to this which I loved. I didn't buy one at first, and a short time later when I went back, she had already sold them! I was so disappointed! I have several old watches, but I don't know how to go about making one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to use the movement pieces. Makes a lovely necklace and the ribbon adds just the right amount of feminine touch :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...