Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hitch Up the Wagon

Do you remember this wagon?
I've shown it in previous posts,
specifically the one about my book page banners.

It sits at the edge of the driveway
at our old house, which we are still trying
to finish removing things from.
I've used it to display some of
the goods listed in my shop.
It just makes such a great backdrop.


The wagon's been sitting in that same spot for
many, many years.
The grass and vines have grown up around it
and are entangled through the wood and wheels.
Budging it from that spot would be difficult.

According to my husband,
it would be impossible.
The vines may be the only
thing holding it together.

I know that.  I don't care.

I WANT MY WAGON!

I implored him last night
to hitch his pickup to my wagon
and GET IT OUT!

I know it may fall apart,
and I'm okay with that.
I'll either rebuild it the best I can,
or I'll salvage what's left of it
and display pieces of it.
I may sell a couple of the wheels,
and keep the other 2, along with
whatever wood I can salvage from it.

All I know is I love it.
I want my wagon hitched!

Inwardly, I was
stomping my feet and throwing a fit.
But I resisted the urge outwardly.
Well, it was just a little fit.

You understand, right?
You'd feel the same way, right?

Deep breath...

Wow...that was my last fit of 2011.

Happy New Year!!!

I can frequently be found visiting these parties.

Monday
http://makingtheworldcuter.com/ Making The World Cuter Monday
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/- More The Merrier Monday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
http://stylishonceagain.blogspot.com/ - Restyled Sundays
http://my1929charmerblog.com/ - Sunday's Best @ My 1929 Charmer

12 comments:

  1. Did you try wailing???? or how about...you are the most wonderful, strongest, kindest man I have ever known??? just sayin....get that wagon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I think that our men just really don't understand how we think and feel sometimes :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get every single bit of it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure do remember this wagon...hope it comes out all in one piece!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved sharing your last fit of 2011. May there be many more in 2012. Oh. that isn't a good blessing, is it? Come by for a New Year's Eve sing-a-long.
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/12/what-are-you-doin-new-years-eve-sing.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. DO NOT LEAVE IT BEHIND!! hee hee I am sure you can figure out how to take it along with you! It is a wonderful wagon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wagon has everything you need - great worn wood, funky really old wheels, character... sure hope you are able to move it with you. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would feel the same way, I could never leave it behind. Good for you, it goes where you go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would want it also and Iwould pout till he did it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angie, Tell your hubby you've got friends up in Michigan stomping their feet too. Get the wagon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Angie,
    Indeed, I DO understand! Haha I loved this cute post. You have a great sense of humour, too. Can't wait to see what happens here...crossing my fingers and toes that you get your wagon hitched and it remains in tact!!! Happy New Year!
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  12. A little fit is good for the soul (and getting things done!) Hopefully it will move all in one pieced and be the backdrop for many years to come! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!