Sunday, November 27, 2011

Storming the Gates of Heaven

Eleven years ago, I had a very sick,
newborn son who was in the hospital with RSV
(a respiratory virus dangerous to babies).

I was so terrified what might happen to him.
I prayed and prayed many incoherent prayers
that the Lord would heal him, but my fears continued.

What brought me the most comfort and peace
was knowing that there were others praying
for my little son as well.
As a friend of mine said,
"I'm storming the gates of Heaven for him".

Wow.

He was actively entreating the Lord,
on my son's behalf.
Prior to his words, I was afraid to sleep.
I didn't want to take my eyes off my son -
I felt like I had to be vigilant.

After his words and his prayer *with* me on the phone,
I was able to trust that God was on his throne,
and he was able to watch over my son while I rested.
He loved my son more than I did.

Those words made a lasting impression on me.

Tonight, I spoke via email with a fellow blogger -
one you probably are all familiar with
because she creates such beautiful things.
I didn't tell her I was posting this
(because I didn't know I was going to),
so I won't mention her name.
God knows who she is and that's all that matters.

What I will say is that she needs our prayers.
Not only is she struggling with some
really difficult health issues,
but everything that can go wrong...is going wrong.
She's weak, weary and worn down.

We've all had those times, haven't we?

I wish I lived near enough to bring her a meal,
or help her finish her projects she needs completed,
or just give her a hug.

Will you join me in,
"storming the gates of Heaven" on her behalf?
If so, please comment below so she
can see how many people are praying with her and for her.

Thanks so much & Blessings,

17 comments:

  1. I am joining you in prayer for healing and strength, Angie...XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am joining you in "Storming the gates of Heaven" on her behalf..in thought and prayers and healing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that phrase...I'm right there with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm joining in "Storming the gates of Heaven" on her behalf. I will pray extra for her healing and bringing her life back to healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am joining in prayers with you. I am adding them to the prayers for my brother and sister in law...it's been a very hard year. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jesus - we lift up this dear one who is hurting right now. Lord - you created her body and know it inside and out. And it's You who is the Great Healer. We pray for complete healing for her - physically and emotionally. Let her feel your love for her and remind her that you love her more than even her family and friends. And we come against and spirits of darkness that are wanted to create havoc in her life. Father - we ask in faith believing for you to do a mighty restoration work in her life. In the precious name of Jesus - Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll storm the gates with all of you! Saying prayers for your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You guys are all AMAZING!! Thank you for your uplifting prayers and words of encouragement!!

    Angie... leave it to you to get those mountains moving for a friend in need; I am humbled by your thoughtfulness!!

    God is listening. Today we found a stainless steel microwave for $160, discovered the best place in town for appliance parts (I refused to pay Sears $10 shipping for a $20 part, it's the principle, and my husband just found out a kid from church is phenomenal with fixing computers.

    He stopped by and checked out our computer this afternoon! The graphic's card is fried, so he's ordering one tomorrow:)

    I'm still physically and emotionally drained, but it's a step in the right direction so I'll take it!

    Blessings to all of you, Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayer is powerful...joining with everyone else!
    "Every word of God is perfect: he is a shield to those who take refuge in him"
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would absolutely love to help offer up a prayer for your friend! So here it goes, and you are a wonderful friend1

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am praying and I never take that lightly--I believe in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm storming with the rest of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for her health peace and comfort..
    Blessings to you all..

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES! Lord, you know everything. You know everyone and every need. You are our healer, and our provider. We love to see how you work your plans in our lives! We love to see how prayers are answered, and we thank you that you hear each one. Lord, hear our prayers for our sister. Let her feel your presence more tangibly than ever. Let her KNOW you are in control, and you love her. We thank you in advance for the breakthrough and blessings you are sending her. We thank you for this opportunity to lift her up to you. You are our everything. In Jesus' name, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your friend is lucky to have you as a friend. I'm standing by you with prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Heavenly Father, Abba, this friend in need knows and loves you as I do and she needs you as I do. Please hold her especially close so that she can't help but know she feels your presence, heaing her physically and spiritually. I've been on the needy side of prayer and on the helping a needy one side of prayer and experienced the wonder of your work through sometimes incoherent words offered in the name of our Savior, Lord Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit and that is what I do now. You know her exact needs and have and will continue to bring people to her and her family now and forever. You are creator, divine physician, rock of salvation, provider and protector and so much more, the page wouldn't allow all the words to describe you. We love you. In Jesus'name, amen

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!