Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Got Galvanized?

If my grandparents were alive today,
I doubt they would believe how
popular anything galvanized has become.

In their day, you fed chickens in it,
or put out the trash in it,
or changed your oil with it,
or used it to hold your mop water...
you didn't decorate with it!

Not only do they have farmhouse charm,
they are still so useful today - 
just used differently than their original purposes.

These are items that are, or have been
in my Etsy shop in the last year.


SOLD
Galvanized Farmhouse Funnel - Large Metal Dairy Milk Strainer
Available at www.etsy.com/shop/knickoftime
Available at www.etsy.com/shop/knickoftime
SOLD

Vintage Galvanized Metal Gas Can
Available at www.etsy.com/shop/knickoftime

RESERVED for VintageAuntie - Vintage Galvanized Buckets with Handles - Set of 6 Pails - Instant Collection
SOLD

RESERVED for Kristin - Vintage Large Galvanized Wash Tubs - Set of 2
SOLD

Vintage Galvanized Minnow Pail
Available at www.etsy.com/shop/knickoftime
Vintage Galvanized Chicken Feeder
SOLD
Vintage Galvanized Chicken Feeder
SOLD
Vintage Galvanized Minnow Pail
Available at www.etsy.com/shop/knickoftime
RESERVED for 3finegrains - FARMHOUSE Vintage Ball Canning Jar & Galvanized Chicken Poultry Feeder - Display - Candy Jar
SOLD
Vintage Galvanized Mop Bucket w/Antique Cast Iron and Wood Wringer Attachment
SOLD
Antique Galvanized Wash Tub on Stand with Drain - Made in St. Louis - PRICE REDUCED
SOLD
RESERVED for April - Vintage Galvanized Watering Can - Country Living - Water Fountain Ready
SOLD
Check out these creative ways to repurpose
these gems from the past.
 Repurposed Galvanized Garden Can Table Lamp
http://www.shadesoflight.com/galvanized-garden-can-table-lamp.html
(I may have to reconsider selling that minnow bucket!)
recycled light, salvatecture studio, recycled lamp, minnow bucket lamp, reclaimed lighting, reclaimed lamp
http://www.relique.com/repurposed-galvanized-minnow-bucket-lamp/
Pinned Image
Original Source Unknown - Let me know if you know
galvanized in your home?


Sending a big "THANK YOU" to 

She selected my blog for this award!

There are 3 rules about when you accept this award:
(1) Thank the person who gave you this award and make sure to link back to their blog 

(2) Share 7 things about yourself
(3) Pass this award onto 7 recently discovered blogs

Seven Things About Myself

1)  I've been a homeschooling mom for the past 15 years.
Two of my kids are now in college, 2 still school at home.

2)  When we moved from NM to MO six years ago,
we transported 6 people, 2 dogs, 2 puppies, a miniature horse
and a pregnant cat with us.  It was like something out of
Little House on the Prairie, except we were pulling the horse in a trailer,
instead of the horse pulling us in a cart.

3)  I can't sleep at night without my dvd player on.
The problem with that is I have to wear headphones so I
don't disturb my husband, and I have terrible eyesight,
so I have to wear my glasses also.
Yes,...I sleep with both on!

4)  Put anything to music and I can memorize it - 
Scripture verses, tv commercials, and I 
can still sing all the songs from Schoolhouse Rock.

5)  I'm surprised as heck that my efforts
to sell a few things I no longer needed,
turned into a full-fledged business.
Love it!

6)  Yes, I have a Hispanic surname.
No, I don't speak Spanish...unless you count,
"no comprende".

7)  I was diagnosed with Multiple Schlerosis in 2007.  
Thank God for wonderful medication,
I haven't had another relapse since my initial diagnosis.

I'm passing this award along to these
7 blogs, because each of them have inspired
me with their terrific projects and creativity.
Please visit each one - you'll be glad you did!:

Blessings,
I can frequently be found visiting these parties. 



http://makingtheworldcuter.com/ Making The World Cuter Monday
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/- More The Merrier Monday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
http://stylishonceagain.blogspot.com/ - Restyled Sundays





 

16 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just posted the final giveaway Celebrating Fishtail Cottage’s One Year Anniversary gifts!!! Wanted to invite you back over to enter this and any other giveaways’ you missed! http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com/2011/11/fishtail-cottage-giveaway-19a-pinch-of.html
    ~tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right , my grandmother would think we are all crazy decorating with buckets and tubs in our nice living rooms

    Our tubs was always on the back porch which was the wash room for laundry or the barn LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited some friends last year that had two very old galvanized trash cans and they were using them as TRASH CANS!!! Sitting out in there yard (or the curb on trash day) just rusting away. They offered to give them to me if I bought them new trash cans. I was very willing but since we were far from home and no way to get them back I passed. Love your post. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
    Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. More the Merrier Monday ends tonight. Stop by and link up if you have not already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I have some galvanized bits and pieces holding flowers and plants on the veranda and a couple in the laundry room. I sure love that lamp!
    Thanks for the comment about linking to the Tuesday party - I had a linky message telling me I hadn't linked my post, so didn't bother showing a link to your party in my post. I don't know what happened, but obviously the linky eventually worked! - so I've linked on my blog. Now I have to think of next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There does seem to be this Attraction to galvanized things... Maybe it has something to do with the OVER abundance of Plastic in our lives these days... Yes, those good ol days where are Grandparents and Even Parents had all the wonderful and charming things such as Metal, Glass, Tin and everything lasted FOREVER!!!! So much so that we use it now to decorate with... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great galvanized pieces. Good for you that there are a lot of SOLD ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved them all...
    thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love galvanised pieces. You have some beauties there. Thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know about yours. Linking up with you today. Leahx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything old is new again. Love your blog and am following now so I don't miss a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all of the galvanized goodness, angie! thanks so much for the award, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the large galvanized tub! The tube with the cushion is adorable. Thanks for linking to the Open House Party this week.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite has to be the galvanized tub as a tree stand. I love that idea!

    I'd love to invite you to share this post at my Thingamajig Thursday party going on now.

    Alida
    radcrafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love galvanized anything! It's hard to pass up when I see it...and usually don't ;) Thanks for passing an award on to me - it's wonderful to be recognized by my peers!

    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a galvanized garbage can in the kitchen that I spray painted ORB, it holds dog food.

    Love the tub turned ottoman, that is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So true! I have been trying to find a galvanized bucket for my poinsettia. Who would have thought galvanized and feed sacks would become so popular!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!