Saturday, July 23, 2011

Today's Pickin's

Today was definately NOT slim pickins at the auction barn! 
There are goodies and then there are G.O.O.D.I.E.S.
Today was full of GOODIES!

This was my absolute favorite
A big stack of womens' magazines from the 1800's.
The illustrations and typography are so....ahhhh....ohhh....sigh.....BLISS!
A real visual delight!

Would you just look at those covers!


Here's the bulk of the things I brought home...

Here's some of my runner-up favorites...
Antique Glasses

Vintage Fishing Minnow Pail

Bell Cloche

Antique Wood Frame - Beautiful!

1950's Telephone Battery Cell

If you are feeling a little envious about any of these treasures,
let me tell you that it was 102 degrees today and I was in a barn
that had only fans.
Yes, I said
One Hundred & Two!
So, the pickin's weren't slim, but I may be a little slimmer from sweating.

Hope you are having a great day!



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your stuff... you have a great eye for picking just the right thing. The order I placed with you was shipped right away and I will be doing business with Knick of Time in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Cheryl! I'm so glad you liked your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, did you ever hit the jackpot! I love those magazines. I have a small stash of ladies magazines dating to the 1800s, as well. Every time I decide to do something with them, I stop short - afraid I will never find more.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments make my day!